E-Magazine Production Coordinator (COMM-2021-003)
Chief Communications Officer (CCO)
Summary of primary job functions
Anti-Trafficking International (ATI) is a 501c3 that works to educate our youth, adults, and our community about the signs of human trafficking in order to keep our teenagers safe. We know that a well-informed public will decrease the ability of traffickers to operate, and inspire victims and survivors to come forward and ask ATI for help. ATI’s ability to successfully carry out its mission is highly dependent on a cadre of volunteers with a wide variety of skills and abilities.
ATI is looking for a skilled, enthusiastic magazine production coordinator to oversee the development and distribution of its e-magazine, Interception. This quarterly product is ATI’s signature communique, as it affords the organization the opportunity to explore and share in depth information on particular human trafficking-related topics.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Oversee all aspects of Interception’s production cycle, from initial meetings that decide
editorial and advertising to the final stages of production, design, printing and circulation.
- Create a production schedule to ensure the publication meets its deadline.
- Work with the editorial, design, advertising and production teams to ensure coordination
- Coordinate review, and implement and adjust the production schedule as necessary.
- Follow up with various departments to ensure they meet production targets, track stages
of the project, troubleshoot problems and prepare production reports.
- Set goals, support team members, monitor overall progress and manage alterations to the
scope of the project.
- Previous experience and/or academic training in the areas of print media, business administration, communication, management or a related degree that combines decision making, communication, and media production.
- Strong time management skills.
- Knowledge of graphic design, editing, and proofreading, with a strong attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal communication and tactful negotiating skills.
- The ability to manage multiple, competing deadlines, be flexible, and stay calm under pressure.
- Well organized and good at delegating work in a team environment, particularly with a primarily volunteer workforce.
- Experience with project management
- Experience and/or academic training in print production workflow, database publishing, print processes, or graphic arts management.