Public Relations Specialist (COMM-2021-001)
Chief Communications Officer (CCO)
Summary of primary job functions
Anti-Trafficking International (ATI) is a 501c3 that works to educate our youth, adults, and our community about the signs of human trafficking in order to keep our teenagers safe. We know that a well-informed public will decrease the ability of traffickers to operate, and inspire victims and survivors to come forward and ask ATI for help. ATI’s ability to successfully carry out its mission is highly dependent on a cadre of volunteers with a wide variety of skills and abilities.
ATI is looking for a skilled, enthusiastic, savvy individual who enjoys creating and sharing strategic communications that tell the story of the ATI organization in venues such as blogs, newspapers, television, radio, social media, and other interaction channels with customers, including the media and existing and potential ATI partners.
This individual will protect the ATI brand.
Duties & Responsibilities
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience in public relations or a related field
- Possess the ability to successfully work in a team environment with a primarily volunteer workforce.
- Possess strong interpersonal skills.
- Build relationships and network.
- Present a trustworthy and informed image and follow up promptly.
- Communicate effectively:
- Possess excellent oratory and written skills.
- Possess the ability to speak on behalf of the organization, whether it is a planned speech or an unexpected occurrence.
- Possess strong written communication skills.
- Possess creativity:
- Deal effectively with evolving communication platforms and customer preferences all the time.
- Possess the ability to think outside the box and find new ways to reach the target audience.
- Adapt quickly:
- Be flexible and adapt easily to changes.
- Project management experience.
- Accreditation in Public Relations (APR) certification.